19 September 2008
Autumn Friday Five
Songbird at RevGalBlogPals writes: It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness.
And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.
As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance: Pumpkin pie (least favorite was the place I lived that still allowed leaf burning!)
2) A color: I love the fall colors (my wardrobe attests to this), I like the dark orange that moves toward mustard yellow. And my favorite outside is the clear red of the maple.
3) An item of clothing: my suede skirt, midcalf and full. Only drawback: no pockets. But I really like the skirt anyway. And my turtle necks. I have many in different paisleys.
4) An activity: walks in the woods.
5) A special day: My B-Day! It's still a ways off, but it's in fall.