Sally at RevGalBlogPals says:
As we look back we may come to understand how God has worked in and through us in joy and sadness. how we have grown against what may seem impossible odds. As we look forward we may do so with expectation, and we may do so with fear and trembling. As we look back and forward in New Year's liminality I offer you this simple yet I hope profound Friday Five in two parts:
First list five things that you remember/ treasure from 2008
- Recovery from my hysterectomy. It was a longer, slower road than I expected, but I didn't realize how sick and just "not me" I had become until I started to get well after the surgery.
- Passing 2 of my ordination exams
- CPE. memorable in good and difficult ways.
- A year of great classes (mostly, there is one notable exception, but that blight is being addressed by leadership). I am really enjoying seminary. I was afraid to go back to school at my age, but it has been a blast!
- Seeing several friends ordained, and, as an elder, participating in the ordination.
Then list five things that you are looking forward to in 2009
- Passing the remaining 2 ordination exams. (Not, mind you, taking them. I do NOT look forward to taking them again, just getting them over with)
- Graduation. Although the thought of the Father & Step Mother and the Mother & Step Father in one place is a bit scary.
- Finding a first call. Hopefully in the part of the country I consider home, as opposed to the part of the country I currently live in.
- Getting ordained and beginning life as a Minister of Word and Sacrament.
- Moving (Aarrgh)