19 October 2007

This Friday Five is in homage to Top Chef.

If you were a food, what would you be?
BBQ - smoked slowly, but worth waiting for; saucy when appropriate; basic, unfancy, down to earth.

What is one of the most memorable meals you ever had? And where?
If I can't think of one, what does that say about me?

What is your favorite comfort food from childhood?
beanie weanies.
And, of course, BBQ.

When going to a church potluck, what one recipe from your kitchen is sure to be a hit?
Pound cake: plain and with variations from Southern Living; but I can't bake anymore because of the celiac -- inhaling the flour dust makes me sick.

What’s the strangest thing you ever willingly ate?
OK. I admit it. I'm a middle class American and I do NOT like funky foods. That said, I was with a student group in Florence and they fed us seafood salad. We american kids were thinking "tuna" -- but tuna doesn't have little suckers on it. I don 't think any of us ate more than a bite or two.

Bonus question: What’s your favorite drink to order when looking forward to a great meal?
A nice glass of Zinfindel. (Not the pink stuff.)

10 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I am not sure I could of eaten one bite of something with suckers on it. Good play.

Katy V. said...

I don't really have a memorable meal either! I think it means that we savor each meal with friends so that they are ALL memorable. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Melissa said...

Maybe it's better that you didn't know what it was...

Great play!

RevHRod said...

Great play! Food with suckers- not my idea of salad either. But I think I might like suckers better than eyes.... I'm not sure though.

Terri said...

no memoriable meals may just mean you have other more memoriable memories...we only have so much brain space after all...lol

and I'd probably be with you on the little suckers, although I've eaten squid and calamari...hum

Unknown said...

Great answer to number 1!

Sista Cala said...

Would that BBQ be beef or pork? I checked your profile to see what part of the country you were from- thought maybe that would give me an indication.

Welcome to the blogsphere. Look forward to you posting more.

leah said...

hey, i'll join you for a glass of zinfandel, and all the BBQ--are you a southerner like me? great play, by the way!

Althea N. Agape said...

the BBQ is Beef (although pork was always available) the sauce was vineagar and tomato based although there was a vinegar mustard around. I am a native southerner, currently displaced in a BBQ void for seminary.

Anonymous said...

Yes, suckers are definitely better than eyes in food...good play!