23 May 2008

Holiday Friday Five

Sally challenges us: It is a holiday weekend here in the UK, and the weather forecast for much of the country is not good!!! But we can still dream and so with that in mind I bring you this Friday Five.
Well, it's a holiday weekend here too, except that final papers are due Tuesday. So, as beautiful as it is, I took an exam this morning and afternoon and will spend the gorgeous weekend writing about my theology of preaching!

1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturisers ( yes gentlemen you too can answer this!!!), or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?
I am ghastly white and, well, there just anything much to do about it. I'm at an age when I don't show that much skin anyway.

2.Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/ where is your favourite getaway?
Mountains or river. See my blog picture! and this one my husband took of a visiting friend.

3.Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?
What break? I got my ID badge for the CPE hospital this afternoon.

4.Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?
what I can fit of both, but leaning toward reading on the back porch.

5.Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?
Ahhh, this is where the spoiled middle class child comes out. Local cuisine only if I recognize it! nothing really funky. And with celiac, it's even more fun. Either Wheat, rye or barley is common in almost any diet that meets the first criteria.

No bonus this week unless you can think one up!!!

1 comment:

Gannet Girl said...

You offer no hope for Memorial Day week-end next year!

I start CPE a few days after you do. Good luck!