30 May 2008

It's Friday

OK. I'm a sad fringe player/lurker, and nobody tagged me. But I didn't like todays RGBP Friday five so I chose a meme instead.

Ten years ago:
1998. I was working as a Software Engineer at my worst. ever. job. I stayed at the job because we had a house being built, the mortgage was approved, and they don't like it if you move jobs in the middle of that. I was working for a big name "firm" that was ALL SHARK. I am not. I hated going to work everyday. As soon as the house closed, I changed jobs to a place I stayed for 6 years.

Five things on today's "to do" list:
1. Pre-reading for CPE
2. Pay Bills
3. Go explore local park with walking trails
4. Work on sermon for next week (not preaching this week, and I'm still pretty slow)
5. Laundry

Three bad habits:
1. Stress eating
2. Procrastination
3. Piles. On my desk, on the floor. But they are organized piles (until the cat gets to them!)

Five places I've lived:
1. Alexandria, VA
2. Tampa, FL
3. Belleville, IL
4. York County, VA
5. Gaithersburg, MD

Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:
Pay to have my house cleaned.
I'd start a foundation to protect the money and make it last longer and work harder. I'd love to be the Klingenshoen foundation* to an area left behind by progress.

Five jobs I've had:
1. Busch Gardens games hostess
2. Bank front area (new accounts, switchboard, etc)
3. Framing shop
4. Programmer
5. Software consultant


*fictional foundation in Lilian Jackson Braun's "Cat who ..." novels

No comments: