After a little "blogger" trouble over at RevGalBlogPals yesterday, Songbird writes:
This turned out to be a very small barricade in our blogging community life, but it seemed appropriate to explore locks and blocks and other barriers this week. Also, I liked the picture of the security team above! Could they be Blogger's Spam Prevention Robots, working overtime?
In honor of their efforts, I bring you the "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In" Friday Five.
1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
Well, generally I just turn on the radio and sing along. Although, I do tend to check my routes and avoid where I know they're doing work, but they don't always tell you. If I'm in a hurry, I am somewhat less patient. But generally I figure I can't do anything about it, might as well just sing along.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
on occasion, but not in recent years. I used to keep a key outside when I was worse. now I have a garage door with a code punch thingy.
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
no material hurtles bigger than mud puddles, but metaphorical? oh yea. I can do those ... eventually.
4) What's your approach to a mental block?
Well, scrabulous is gone. there's always pop and drop ! Something that uses a different sort of mental activity can frequently help me refocus and get back to the paper/sermon/whatever where I had the block. Walking will also frequently help, even if it's just around the room.
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
"No, we said I get to wear the hard hat. You were supposed to be the Indian and the policeman!" (OK, I'm old)